The Rehabilitation Program is designed to address and eliminate sub-standard housing conditions that threaten the health and safety of tribal members. The program provides services to repair (or replace) existing, sub-standard housing for qualified, low-income homeowners.
Applications are accepted for rehabilitation services from applicants who meet the eligibility requirements, which include, but are not limited to the following:
Applicant must be an enrolled member of the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina.
Applicant must reside in the service area of Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson and Scotland Counties.
Applicant must own or have lifetime rights to the home requiring repairs.
Applications for rehabilitation services are accepted Monday-Wednesday, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. The following documents are needed to apply for rehabilitation services. Applications will not be accepted without all supporting documentation for each member of the household.
1. Copy of applicant’s current tribal enrollment card
2. Copy of applicant’s picture identification
3. Copy of social security cards for all household members
4. Copy of birth certificates for all household members age 16 or older
5. Proof of income for all household members
6. Proof of disability (if applicable) ** If handicap accessibility is needed, a letter from your doctor will be required.
7. Copy of bank statements for all household members
8. Copy of all deeds to property and/or court-filed lifetime rights and/or mobile home title/bill of sale
9. Copy of Power of Attorney (if applicable)
10. Proof of all assets (title or registration of vehicles, motorcycles, boats, etc.)
11. Criminal record check (will be done in office for anyone age 16 and older)
Rehabilitation Program Employees
Janeva Moore, Outreach Intake Specialist
Phone: (910) 522-2212
Marbeth Pevia, Contract Specialist
Phone: (910) 522-2224
Camera Brewer, Rehab Secretary/File Clerk
Phone: (910) 522-2213
Brittany Locklear, Homeowner Compliance Specialist
Phone: (910) 522-5466
Shania Chavis, Research/Compliance Specialist
Phone: (910) 522-2205
Rose Oxendine, Contractor Payable Specialist
Phone: (910) 522-2186
Carl A. Pevia, Rehab Manager
Phone: (910) 522-2211
Welton Cummings, Construction Coordinator
Phone: (910) 374-2634
Ryan Jacobs, Rehab Coordinator
Phone: (910) 522-2185
John Oxendine, Rehab Coordinator
Sam Bird, Rehab Coordinator