Any citizen who needs assistance and can safely access temporary shelter is requested to do so before sunset.
Be aware of road closures to include Interstate 95, Hwys 41 and 211.
- Food for Lumberton community residents will be served at Bill Sapp Recreation Center.
- FEMA is currently offering food, water and bathroom facilities at Purnell Swett High School.
Please note, local shelters are in need of volunteers, non-perishable food, water, blankets and etc. As Chairman of the Lumbee Tribe, I encourage our communities to work together to help ALL our neighbors, friends and family in this critical time of need.
If you need assistance or wish to volunteer in your community, please contact
Tribal Security at (910) 374-9880.
Harvey Godwin, Jr
Shelters for Temporary Relocation:
- Purnell Swett High School, 11344 Deep Branch Road, Maxton, NC.
- St. Pauls High School, 648 N. Old Stage Road, St. Pauls, NC.
- South Robeson High School, 3268 South Robeson Road, Rowland, NC.
- Red Springs High School, 509 N. Vance Street, Red Springs, NC.