Emergency Mortgage Assistance
The Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program provides assistance with mortgage payments to qualified, low- income tribal members experiencing a short-term, financial hardship. Assistance is not available to tribal members with an on-going, chronic, delinquent account.
Applications are accepted for mortgage assistance from applicants that meet the eligibility requirements, which include, but are not limited to the following:
Applicant must be an enrolled member of the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina.
Applicant must provide a default or foreclosure letter and hardship documentation.
Applicant must reside in the tribal service area of Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson and Scotland Counties.
Applications for mortgage assistance are accepted Monday-Wednesday, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. The following documents are needed to apply for mortgage assistance. Applications will not be accepted without all supporting documentation for each member of the household.
Mortgage Assistance Checklist:
1. Copy of applicant’s current tribal enrollment card
2. Copy of applicant’s picture identification
3. Copy of social security cards for all household members
4. Copy of birth certificates for all household members age 16 or older
5. Proof of income for all household members
6. Copy of bank statements for all household members
7. Proof of all assets (title or registration of vehicles, motorcycles, boats, etc.)
8. Copies of all recurring monthly bills (including utility bills paid in prior month)
9. Hardship documents
10. Foreclosure or default letter
11. Criminal record check (will be done in office for anyone age 16 and older)
Emergency Mortgage Assistance Employees
Mona Lisa Hunt