LUMBEE TRIBE OF NORTH CAROLINA
General Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire an Accountant III with brilliant accounting and analytical skills. Accountant III are expected to be organized with brilliant problem-solving skills and constantly deliver on tight deadlines. You should have an outstanding aptitude for math, strong IT skills and superb communication skills.
To ensure success, Accountant III must be critical thinkers with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control structure. Top candidates will have remarkable presentation and report writing skills, and display incredible business acumen.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accountant III will:
1. Identify and assess areas of significant risk.
2. Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
3. Manage resources and audit assignments.
4. Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
5. Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
6. Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
7. Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
8. Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
9. Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
10. Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management. Have strong negotiation and interpersonal communication skills, and strong writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate ability to work collegially, a commitment to the Tribal community, and a strong ethical character. CPA certification is preferred. A valid NC Driver’s License is required.
The salary will be determined in accordance with the Tribe’s Salary Plan (budget) and the applicant’s education and work experience.
Candidates for the position should complete a Lumbee Tribe Application for Employment, submit their resume, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualifications requirements can be submitted. The Lumbee Tribe reserves the right to give preference in employment to those individuals who are actively enrolled members of the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina and who are knowledgeable of the communities to be served. Applicants will be drug tested and criminal backgrounds will be performed as a part of the selection process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
CONTACT: Human Resources
Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina
P.O. Box 2709
Pembroke, NC 28372