- AMENDED -
LUMBEE TRIBE OF NORTH CAROLINA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE & GROUP DENTAL INSURANCE
The Lumbee Tribe is soliciting Requests for Proposals for its Group Health Insurance and Group Dental Insurance. Preference will be given to Qualified Tribal and/or Indian-owned economic enterprise or organizations.
The Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina will receive sealed Request for Proposals, mailed or hand delivered, until 3:00 pm on October 30, 2015 at the Lumbee Tribal Housing Complex located at 6984 NC Hwy. 711 West, Pembroke, NC 28372 (Attention: Grace Kelly D. Oxendine, P.O. Box 2709, Pembroke, NC 28372)
Bids will be opened on November 2, 2015 in the Council Chambers at 10:00 a.m. located at 6984 NC Hwy. 711 West, Pembroke, NC 28372.
All qualified proposals meeting the terms and conditions will be evaluated and approval made by the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina to constitute the most responsive bid for Group Health Insurance and Group Dental Insurance requested.
Oral Presentations will be mandatory and shall be scheduled for the week of November 3-6, 2015.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Qualification, Experience, Capacity and Resources (25%): The Offeror’s capacity and resources to perform the services described in the RFP. The Offeror’s accessibility to LUMBEE TRIBE OF NORTH CAROLINA. The Offeror’s demonstrated experience and success of the Offeror in providing the services outlined in the RFP.
2. Plan, Methodology, Approach and Strategy (20%): The Offeror’s approach for the implementation and operation of the services outlined in the RFP and the portfolio of services offered. Quality and feasibility of Offeror’s plans to implement the services outlined.
3. Demonstrated commitment of the Offeror to the furthering of LUMBEE TRIBE OF NORTH CAROLINA’s economic opportunity (10%). Qualified Tribal and/or Indian-owned economic enterprise or organizations.
4. Company Services (20%). The willingness to provide a dedicated account management team for the HR department for elevated issues, willingness to have a representative at open enrollment meetings, willingness to have a representative meet with employees during the year at LUMBEE TRIBE OF NORTH CAROLINA office to handle questions/problems, and quarterly and annual reporting packages.
5. Proposed Rates, Benefits, Fees and Expenses (10%): The subscriber’s monthly rates and total annual program costs. Overall benefit value compared to price, current design, and cost containment factors.
6. Oral Presentations (15%)
Please contact Grace K. Deese Oxendine (910) 522-5160 for a copy of the specifications package.
The Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals and the right to waive any informalities or irregularities.